Sunday, February 1, 2009
Chocolate cake recipe
I tried this recipe for the 1st time. And the result is owh lala~ =] (The cheese cake can wait...)
Credit to miss Wan Najwa for her original recipe and taught. (sorry Najwa, the topping was a total mess)Here is the recipe, hope everyone can try it :-
Butter - 250g
Caster sugar - 250g
Flour - 220g
Baking powder - 2 teaspoons
Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
Chocolate powder - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Caster sugar - 1/2 cup
Cook chocolate (depend on the size of the cake)
Some milk (to make it look shiny)
1. Melt substance B slowly on the stove till boil, the cool it down.
2. Hand whisk the butter and caster sugar till it become whiter.
3. Put the egg on by one, hand whisk again.
4. Put the flour scoop by scoop.
5. Put the baking powder and vanilla essence, hand whisk.
6. Pour the cooled substance B onto the mixture.
7. Bake in the oven, 125 C for 30 min, 100 C for another 30 min. (depend on the oven)
8. For the topping, melt the cook chocolate. Add some milk and corn flour (to make it more stickier)
9. Add some chocolate rice on top of the cake as decoration.
And wah la, it's done!