Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Afternoon tea by UQ scholarship unit

Bismillah,

Today was very tiring. I have no time to rest and goyang - goyang kaki at home. Alhamdulillah managed to safely arrive from Newcastle yesterday evening. The trip to Newcastle was a success. =) There will be another post for that trip alone insyAllah.

Okay, so today I went to the Queensland Brain Institute (QBI) for a seminar regarding on safety induction for working with biological material. It's for my summer research project. This 2-hour seminar is compulsory for anyone who's going to work in PC 2 laboratory. So what is physical containment (PC) ? Click here. The seminar thought us how to appropriately play around with genetically modified organisms. 

Okay done with that. On the evening, I had an afternoon tea organised by UQ scholarship unit. The scholarship recipients come from various expertise. Psychology, economics, IT, engineering, medical, biology, arts etc. Before that we had a wonderful talk presented by Mr Dennis Schatz on how to communicate your research to public.


My team; a 3rd year student doing economics and 1st year student doing IT. Great people! Sorry with the quality of the picture, a bit dark.

Okay guys, I'm going off to bed early tonight. Tomorrow gonna be my 1st official day for my summer semester. Wish me luck! Can't wait to update about the Newcastle trip =D *yawning...*


Missing lovely Hani from Newcastle.

And stunning Ilia. 

Thanks a lot to Newcastle people (including Nadia and Cik Ijat) for the hospitality. Next trip to Newcastle is gonna be for the hot air balloon rides pulak! =)